- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
Loverro: It’s not Zorn’s call to make
Cumbersome as the system is, it has worked.
Zorn clearly is frustrated that credit for the improved performance is given to the new playcalling system.
He goes out of his way to point out that he still designs the game plan, and he uses the term “game-planning,” not “playcalling,” to describe the improvement.
And he maintains the improvement is because of better execution of his system by the players.
Now the guy who forced this system on Zorn is gone.
So will Zorn become more involved in the playcalling - his passion - or continue to be a sideline observer and hope to reap the rewards of a system designed to freeze him out?
When asked Thursday if he had plans to change the system, Zorn answered that he will “probably keep things the way they are.”
I somehow doubt Jim Zorn will “comply” now that he is a free man.
About the Author
- LOVERRO: Capitals' major challenge is finding someone who can win with Alex Ovechkin
- LOVERRO: Bo Belinsky, Sonny Liston share a cemetery - one found peace, the other didn't
- LOVERRO: Injured hand didn't keep Scott Christopher from a life of baseball and art
- LOVERRO: It's time for the Wizards to be bold and go get John Calipari
- LOVERRO: Gary Williams earned Hall of Fame through sweat equity
Latest Blog Entries
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Bill Clinton falls off vegan diet wagon but not vegan label
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes