- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Bench sparks Wizards to comeback win
Question of the Day
Arenas returned with 5:01 left in the half but didn’t take a shot as Philadelphia trimmed the Wizards’ lead to 47-44 at halftime. He took just two shots in the second quarter and finished the half with 17 points. After the letdown in the third, Arenas finished his night with a dozen points in the fourth.
“I just kept the confidence that I had going coming from the West Coast,” Arenas said. “All it takes is a couple games to get somebody going. I found it out west, and hopefully I keep it going.”
It was a much-needed win for the Wizards, who had lost seven of eight - including three of four on the West Coast trip - and immediately returned to the road for a three-game trip that starts Wednesday night in Milwaukee.
“There can’t be any excuses, there can’t be any letdowns whatsoever,” Antawn Jamison said. “We can’t make excuses for not being mentally ready for back-to-backs or anything like that.”
About the Author
- Navy catching recruits' attention
- UCLA's Ayers grabs interception, MVP nod
- Another slow start sets the tone for Redskins
- Bench sparks Wizards to comeback win
- A commanding effort by Dobbs, Navy
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world