- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Backstrom finds his touch in Caps win
Question of the Day
“I really just didn’t have a good angle on my backhand more than anything - I wasn’t trying to be fancy,” said Morrison, who added that he last scored a goal like that with Penticton of the British Columbia Junior Hockey League some 17 years ago. “I was just reacting. A lot of guys do that in practice just fooling around, but in the game you’re not usually set up for it.”
It was Morrison’s first goal in nine games, though he has had several prime opportunities nullified by superb goaltending and has missed a couple of open nets.
Making his fourth start of the season, Neuvirth helped withstand the Sabres’ second-period charge and finished with 32 saves for his second win in as many games.
“He’s getting better each game,” Boudreau said. “We wanted to see if he was going to grow, and I thought it was better than the Edmonton game because there were more chances. He got stronger and made big saves at right times and smothered pucks - you could see that some day he’s going to be a really good goalie.”
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
By Donald Lambro
Even retail giant Wal-Mart shows telltale signs of trouble
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world