- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
Backstrom finds his touch in Caps win
“I really just didn’t have a good angle on my backhand more than anything - I wasn’t trying to be fancy,” said Morrison, who added that he last scored a goal like that with Penticton of the British Columbia Junior Hockey League some 17 years ago. “I was just reacting. A lot of guys do that in practice just fooling around, but in the game you’re not usually set up for it.”
It was Morrison’s first goal in nine games, though he has had several prime opportunities nullified by superb goaltending and has missed a couple of open nets.
Making his fourth start of the season, Neuvirth helped withstand the Sabres’ second-period charge and finished with 32 saves for his second win in as many games.
“He’s getting better each game,” Boudreau said. “We wanted to see if he was going to grow, and I thought it was better than the Edmonton game because there were more chances. He got stronger and made big saves at right times and smothered pucks - you could see that some day he’s going to be a really good goalie.”
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- White House: Cronkite dead, Galifianakis will do
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Made in China: Materials on U.S. F-16 jets, B-1 bombers
- Intelligence chairwoman accuses CIA of intimidation, snooping on Congress
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama gets advance copies of 'Game of Thrones'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again