- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge says feds can’t fine commercial user
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Redskins vs. Cowboys: Quarter-by-quarter breakdown
What happened: Washington’s drive sputtered when Campbell was called for intentional grounding on an incomplete pass to Randle El, moving the Redskins back 10 more yards before a punt. At that point, Dallas put together another methodical, clock-consuming drive, going 68 yards in 13 plays (and nearly seven minutes) for a Suisham field goal. Washington, in turn, needed less than two minutes to give the ball right back to Dallas. The Cowboys, comfortably ahead by three scores, got nothing going on their drive and gave the ball right back. Washington got across midfield but failed to score after another hard sack (Ratliff on Campbell) and an incomplete pass on fourth down.
Analysis: While it was another good night for writers on deadline, it was another mediocre to middling night for the Redskins. A week after scoring 12 mostly meaningless points against the Giants, they put up a goose egg against the Cowboys — making the six they scored in Dallas last month look impressive. And, somehow, Suisham managed to have a better FedEx Field swan song than Jim Zorn. Who could have predicted that a few weeks ago?
BY THE NUMBERS
16 Points scored by Washington in three games against Dallas since a road victory early last season.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again