- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- U.N. school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
Redskins vs. Cowboys: Quarter-by-quarter breakdown
Question of the Day
What happened: Washington’s drive sputtered when Campbell was called for intentional grounding on an incomplete pass to Randle El, moving the Redskins back 10 more yards before a punt. At that point, Dallas put together another methodical, clock-consuming drive, going 68 yards in 13 plays (and nearly seven minutes) for a Suisham field goal. Washington, in turn, needed less than two minutes to give the ball right back to Dallas. The Cowboys, comfortably ahead by three scores, got nothing going on their drive and gave the ball right back. Washington got across midfield but failed to score after another hard sack (Ratliff on Campbell) and an incomplete pass on fourth down.
Analysis: While it was another good night for writers on deadline, it was another mediocre to middling night for the Redskins. A week after scoring 12 mostly meaningless points against the Giants, they put up a goose egg against the Cowboys — making the six they scored in Dallas last month look impressive. And, somehow, Suisham managed to have a better FedEx Field swan song than Jim Zorn. Who could have predicted that a few weeks ago?
BY THE NUMBERS
16 Points scored by Washington in three games against Dallas since a road victory early last season.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq