- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
First Down: Newsmakers
Question of the Day
WEDNESDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Capitals give their new-look lineup its first test run at San Jose. 10 p.m., CSN
NEWSMAKERS ” WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
The coach’s decision to pull the then-perfect Colts’ starters with a lead in Week 16 shouldn’t have been so resoundingly panned. They were leading, after all.
The well-traveled outfielder gets a $66 million payday from the New York Mets, who’ve never been shy about wasting money.
Once considered quirky, the Texas Tech football coach suddenly seems a lot more creepy. He also needs a better lawyer.
What’s in the water in Gainesville? A few years ago, Billy Donovan quit and came back to Florida, and now Meyer has done the same in less than 24 hours.
He booted a 61-yard field goal — the NFL’s fourth-longest — in another Raiders loss. Get Stats Inc. on the horn: How many meaningful kicks has this guy tried?
TWT FIVE >> REMAINING FREE AGENT HITTERS
1. Matt Holliday, OF — Cream of the crop batted .353 for St. Louis.
2. Jermaine Dye, OF/DH — Can still mash (27 HR last year in 141 games) when healthy.
3. Orlando Hudson, 2B — O-Dog is consistent in the field and at the plate.
4. Hank Blalock, 3B — Former phenom should come cheap, and he has potential.
5. Johnny Damon, OF — Has aged well with the Yankees (he’s 36) and can do a little bit of everything at the plate.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors