- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
First Down: Newsmakers
WEDNESDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Capitals give their new-look lineup its first test run at San Jose. 10 p.m., CSN
NEWSMAKERS ” WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
The coach’s decision to pull the then-perfect Colts’ starters with a lead in Week 16 shouldn’t have been so resoundingly panned. They were leading, after all.
The well-traveled outfielder gets a $66 million payday from the New York Mets, who’ve never been shy about wasting money.
Once considered quirky, the Texas Tech football coach suddenly seems a lot more creepy. He also needs a better lawyer.
What’s in the water in Gainesville? A few years ago, Billy Donovan quit and came back to Florida, and now Meyer has done the same in less than 24 hours.
He booted a 61-yard field goal — the NFL’s fourth-longest — in another Raiders loss. Get Stats Inc. on the horn: How many meaningful kicks has this guy tried?
TWT FIVE >> REMAINING FREE AGENT HITTERS
1. Matt Holliday, OF — Cream of the crop batted .353 for St. Louis.
2. Jermaine Dye, OF/DH — Can still mash (27 HR last year in 141 games) when healthy.
3. Orlando Hudson, 2B — O-Dog is consistent in the field and at the plate.
4. Hank Blalock, 3B — Former phenom should come cheap, and he has potential.
5. Johnny Damon, OF — Has aged well with the Yankees (he’s 36) and can do a little bit of everything at the plate.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.