- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Florida authorities ban autistic boy from owning therapeutic chickens
- Defendant in Lee Rigby machete murder trial: ‘I love al Qaeda’
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, ‘cherry-picked’ intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a ‘wealthy white men’ racist word
- Democrat thwarts Nevada activist’s try to name peak after Reagan
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms
- Rogue reindeer runs from Santa, eludes police for hours
Answers compiled by Kelly Jane Torrance, who also composed the questions.
We’ve split up after 23 years together. We’re a little shocked at how shocked everyone is.
We suppose two-plus decades is a long time - especially in this business. We were one of the few Hollywood relationship success stories. And some might wonder why we’re splitting up now. She’s 63, he’s 51. It might seem old to start fresh. Especially since she’s rumored to be involved with someone half her age. But how else does one stave off the thoughts of death?
- Susan Sarandon and
Dear Susan and Tim,
In every parting there is an image of death.
- George Eliot
I simply cannot believe I was treated in such a way. I was actually escorted off a plane over the holidays. Yet I was not the one acting like an animal.
There were children running through the aisles and screaming on a flight I was on. I tried to give them the discipline their parents wouldn’t. Actually, all I did was curse at them. They certainly deserved it.
But the flight attendant got upset with me, rather than the children and their parents. It is ridiculous. So I was kicked off the plane, while the animals remained. Is this justice?
- Ivana Trump
Ignorant people think it’s the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain’t so; it’s the sickening grammar they use.
- Mark Twain
I keep picking the wrong women - the ones who just don’t listen. I spent most of Christmas Day in a jail cell after my wife called the cops on me. The arrest papers say I held a knife to her throat and threatened to have her killed - by the kind of ex-cops who know how to do it right. I was upset that she had threatened to divorce me. I’ve already been through a nasty divorce with actress - I mean, reality star - Denise Richards.
It wasn’t the first time I’ve been accused of getting violent with a woman. My engagement with Kelly Preston was broken off after I shot her in the arm - accidentally, of course. Denise also accused me of threatening her.
I’m sick of the way these women have treated me. I’m a high-powered movie and television star. Shouldn’t they be doing what I tell them? I certainly provide them with the good life.
- Charlie Sheen
Do you beat your own wife as you would a slave? That must you not do.
About the Author
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
Taking a deeper look at the undeniable connection between mind and body from a writer and speaker on matters of health, and a practitioner of Christian Science.
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow