- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Redskins’ Campbell remains in flux
Question of the Day
Defensive end Andre Carter is a second alternate. His 11 sacks are his most since he had 12.5 with San Francisco in 2002.
“From my experience, the [4-11] record can be a big impact,” Carter said. “And as a team, we controlled that.”
Strongside linebacker Brian Orakpo is the Redskins’ only Pro Bowl player. He credited Fletcher for his instant impact.
“You see Brian, and he’s extremely humble, and you appreciate that,” Fletcher said. “He’s done it the right way. He wants to get better each and every week.”
Two to IR
The Redskins’ injured reserve list now includes 12 players after safety Reed Doughty (ankle) and right guard Mike Williams (toe) were taken off the 53-man roster Wednesday. Signed to the active roster were running back P.J. Hill and cornerback Marcus McCauley.
Doughty was injured during his first career interception Sunday night. Kareem Moore is slated to make his second start in his place. Paul Fanaika, Edwin Williams and Will Montgomery are vying for the right guard position, but Zorn said a decision won’t be made until the weekend.
Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (hip), receiver Devin Thomas (ankle) and safety LaRon Landry (mild concussion) did not practice. Landry was sent home because of headaches but is expected to play. Linebacker Rocky McIntosh (back) and receiver Santana Moss (knee) were limited.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq