- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Knott: Cloudy with no chance of reality for McGrady
Question of the Day
Beyond the contract, left knee and petulance, McGrady has a lot of wear on his lower limbs. He cannot be who he once was. But will he come to accept the scaled-down version of himself?
If his actions in Houston are any indication, that mental adjustment won’t come anytime soon, if it ever comes.
That adjustment becomes even more difficult for those players accustomed to being high-volume shot-takers, as McGrady is.
Even the ever-cunning Michael Jordan could not reinvent himself during his two-season stint with the Wizards. He still was attempting to dominate games when he no longer could do it on a consistent basis.
These are the dissuasive considerations to any potential trade involving McGrady, a bad bet.
About the Author
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq