- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
Knott: Cloudy with no chance of reality for McGrady
Question of the Day
Beyond the contract, left knee and petulance, McGrady has a lot of wear on his lower limbs. He cannot be who he once was. But will he come to accept the scaled-down version of himself?
If his actions in Houston are any indication, that mental adjustment won’t come anytime soon, if it ever comes.
That adjustment becomes even more difficult for those players accustomed to being high-volume shot-takers, as McGrady is.
Even the ever-cunning Michael Jordan could not reinvent himself during his two-season stint with the Wizards. He still was attempting to dominate games when he no longer could do it on a consistent basis.
These are the dissuasive considerations to any potential trade involving McGrady, a bad bet.
About the Author
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq