- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Loverro: Hard to validate another loss like this
Question of the Day
You could make the case that Sunday was the best performance by the Redskins all season. It was the first time they scored 30 points since Zorn got here, and they held the most powerful offense in the league under its average, even if the Saints did score 33 points. But it was a loss just like the eight others this season and the 17 overall under Zorn over the past two years.
“This game I felt like our team had played really well,” Zorn said. “We had some great coverages, kicks and defensive stands. We put points on the board and had over 300 passing yards. We really connected on a lot of things, but they did as well. They took it to us like we took it to them, and it was a great game. It just feels awful to stand up here and be the losing head coach again.”
At least he didn’t say they are close, because they are not. The only validation to be had Sunday is that the Redskins are a losing team and remain a losing organization despite Zorn’s denial at the end of his press conference Sunday that his team is in the habit of losing.
“No, each game is unique,” he said. “There’s no psycho stuff going on here, no habit.”
Just another loss.
c Listen to “The Sports Fix,” co-hosted by Thom Loverro and Kevin Sheehan, from noon to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday on ESPN 980 and espn980.com.
About the Author
- LOVERRO: The Patriots are coming to Redskins' training camp for the wrong reasons
- LOVERRO: Redskins should be great before declaring greatness
- LOVERRO: Hall of Fame is one birthday present A-Rod will never unwrap
- LOVERRO: These are Bruce Allen's Washington Redskins now
- LOVERRO: CBS Sports leaves broadcasters hanging in Redskins name debate
Latest Blog Entries
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors