- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
Plackemeier gets boot
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
The Washington Redskins added punter to their list of needs this offseason by waiving Ryan Plackemeier on Thursday.
Signed in October to replace Durant Brooks, Plackemeier punted in the Redskins' final 10 games but averaged only 33.9 net yards on 55 attempts. That ranked last in the league among players with more than 20 punts.
The Redskins ranked last in the NFL in net punting. Plackemeier will count a small amount against the Redskins' salary cap because he was signed to a two-year contract when he won the job after Brooks' release.
The only punter under contract is Zac Atterberry, who was signed to a futures contract earlier this winter and has no regular-season attempts. He attended Lindenwood, an NAIA program, and was in the Chicago Bears' camp last preseason.
Since the start of 2004, the Redskins have employed five punters, and only Derrick Frost lasted at least two years. Frost lost a training camp battle last summer to Brooks, the rookie draft pick who lasted only six games.
The Redskins are expected to sign another punter for training camp, and the only marquee name on the free agent list is Shane Lechler, who is expected to be retained by Oakland.
- Ryan O'Halloran
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.