- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Wizards fall to Bucks, 97-91
Question of the Day
Young broke the scoring drought with a fadeaway jumper with 4:21 left to cut the lead to 84-81.
He scored his team’s next five points, but Redd answered with four of his own, and Mbah a Moute got a putback under the hoop to fall and kept the Bucks ahead 90-86 with 2:30 minutes remaining.
Young hit one of two foul shots to cut the lead to three, and the Bucks turned the ball over on the opposite end. Young came back again, shaking Mbah a Moute for yet another successful jump shot that cut the lead to 90-89, but Redd answered with a 3-pointer, and a foul shot by Charlie Villanueva extended the lead to five.
Mike James made two free throws for Washington with 20.4 seconds left, but the Wizards were forced to foul, and Ridnour delivered, sealing the win.
Note - Backup center Etan Thomas left the game in the first quarter with a left knee strain and did not return.
About the Author
- Wizards respond on practice court
- Saunders flips out about Wizards' defense
- Saunders fumes as Wizards regress
- Wizards close out 2009 with another loss
- Late breakdown costs Wizards in Memphis
Latest Blog Entries
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq