1. Mike Tyson — He earned more than $300 million, then at one point was worth $700. That takes work.
2. George Best — “I spent a lot of money on booze, [women] and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.”
3. Michael Vick — His money problems started before he pleaded guilty in the dogfighting case — that just made it worse.
4. Latrell Sprewell — The man who once complained about having to feed his family made almost $100 million before having his house foreclosed on and yacht repossessed.
5. Joe Louis — Thanks to failed investments and a huge tax bill, he died virtually penniless in 1981.
By Elaine Donnelly
Extending sexual misconduct to combat units
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Contributions to the Communities Sports desk from readers.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention