- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
First lady rallies grads
Question of the Day
The president has said he supports whatever works in education, but has drawn criticism for not doing more to sustain school vouchers in the District. Parents use the vouchers to send their children to the school of their choice, including private schools.
The Democrat-controlled Congress included a provision in a recent spending bill that would phase out the city’s voucher program - which provides $7,500 to each of about 1,700 low-income D.C. students - after 2010 unless lawmakers specifically reauthorize the program.
Also Wednesday, Mrs. Obama hosted former first lady Nancy Reagan, who was in Washington this week to pay tribute to her husband, President Ronald Reagan, who died in 2004.
About the Author
- GOP sees little outreach in health care debate
- Obama nears decision on Afghan strategy
- Obama: 'No faith justifies' Fort Hood attack
- Democrats torn on Afghanistan, women's rights
- Obama: No religious faith justifies Fort Hood shootings
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world