- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
GREEN & GLOVER: Defrosted
Question of the Day
Enough said. G2 hopes the newswomen don’t quit their day jobs, but Fox News anchor Bret Baier graciously offered congratulations to his network competitors, tongue firmly in cheek: “To be fair and balanced, let’s all give them a hand.”
Transitioning from country to disco, Team Fox (featuring Mr. Baier, Major Garrett, Megyn Kelly, Molly Henneberg and James Rosen) sang Barry Manilow’s hit “Copacabana.”
It should be noted that before they took to the stage, Mr. Baier and Mr. Garrett enjoyed a stiff drink to fortify themselves.
We asked Mr. Garrett whether he did much of this sort of thing in college. “I never drank or went to karaoke bars in college,” he said with a wink.
Toward the end of the Team Fox disco routine, the music abruptly stopped, prompting Mr. Rosen to say, “Keith Olbermann did it,” referring to the MSNBC host famous for his jabs at the network.
Emcee Rebecca Cooper of ABC 7, in an attempt stir the pot, quipped, “That was great, but the CNN team says they did that one three years ago.”
To which Mr. Rosen responded, “Yeah, and we’re sure both people watching it really enjoyed it.”
As for Ms. Kelly, she gamely pranced around onstage and glad-handed with the best of them despite being gloriously round, as she is expecting her first child in October. Mr. Baier and Mr. Garrett told us they are suggesting Bret, Major and Garrett as great ideas for boys’ names.
“People keep giving me these books on what to expect when you’re expecting, but I really want advice on how to raise a child after it’s born,” Ms. Kelly said.
Umbrellas in hand, Pamela Brown and company from ABC News Channel 8 belted out “It’s Raining Men,” but NBC’s Norah O’Donnell and Andrea Mitchell must have taken a rain check, because they never showed.
• To contact Stephanie Green and Elizabeth Glover, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors