- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
NEWSMAKERS Who’s making news this week
He’ll probably repeat on Thursday’s local list, but if the Nationals’ No. 1 pick lives up to the hype, he’ll be worth it.
Just when you thought he had gone away for good, he gets a sneaky surgery and a new set of Vikings deadlines.
His French Open win cements his status as one of the all-time greats, even if he didn’t have to beat Nadal.
He has been dominant in the NBA Finals, following his 40 in Game 1 with 29 more in Game 2.
For the second time this year, he won the last event he’ll play before a major; the U.S. Open is next week.
TWT FIVE WORST No. 1 PICKS in MLB HISTORY
1. Matt Bush, 2004, San Diego Padres - The poster boy for not making a pick based on signability.
2. Danny Goodwin, 1971 and 1975 - Double bad because he didn’t sign once and then didn’t perform the second time.
3. Brian Bullington, 2002, Pittsburgh Pirates - Still kicking around, still looking for his first major league win.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014