- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
NEWSMAKERS Who’s making news this week
He’ll probably repeat on Thursday’s local list, but if the Nationals’ No. 1 pick lives up to the hype, he’ll be worth it.
Just when you thought he had gone away for good, he gets a sneaky surgery and a new set of Vikings deadlines.
His French Open win cements his status as one of the all-time greats, even if he didn’t have to beat Nadal.
He has been dominant in the NBA Finals, following his 40 in Game 1 with 29 more in Game 2.
For the second time this year, he won the last event he’ll play before a major; the U.S. Open is next week.
TWT FIVE WORST No. 1 PICKS in MLB HISTORY
1. Matt Bush, 2004, San Diego Padres - The poster boy for not making a pick based on signability.
2. Danny Goodwin, 1971 and 1975 - Double bad because he didn’t sign once and then didn’t perform the second time.
3. Brian Bullington, 2002, Pittsburgh Pirates - Still kicking around, still looking for his first major league win.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq