- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
GREEN & GLOVER: The great fur challenge
Question of the Day
G2 has learned that the Sequoia, the presidential yacht designated as a historical landmark in 1987, will be sailing for an event next weekend for Luke’s Wings. The local nonprofit, co-founded by Fletcher Gill, a great nephew of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, helps wounded veterans and their families.
Mr. Gill says stars from social, political and international Washington will be in attendance.
The yacht, built in 1925 and now privately owned, has served presidents since Herbert Hoover.
Lost in translation
Looks like somebody over at MSNBC needs to brush up on geography. While anchor Norah O’Donnell was announcing the results of Tuesday’s Democratic gubernatorial primary in Virginia on Wednesday’s live broadcast, the upper right-hand graphic on-screen depicted the unmistakable silhouette of West Virginia.
It’s a go
Coming soon to a television near you: D.C., as seen through the eyes of eight drama-prone twentysomethings!
MTV has now confirmed, as we reported yesterday, that 2000 S St. NW will serve as the set of the 23rd season of its pioneering reality series “The Real World.”
The network’s president of programming, Tony DiSanto, announced on Wednesday: “The charged atmosphere of Washington, D.C., the center of our country’s social and political change, will provide an electric setting for this next season of ‘The Real World.’ We are thrilled to be filming our classic franchise in the heart of where history is being made … it adds a whole new dimension to the great characters and drama our viewers expect and love from ‘The Real World.’ ”
The DC episodes will air in 2010.
• To contact Stephanie Green and Elizabeth Glover, e-mail email@example.com.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world