- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
GREEN & GLOVER: The great fur challenge
Question of the Day
G2 has learned that the Sequoia, the presidential yacht designated as a historical landmark in 1987, will be sailing for an event next weekend for Luke’s Wings. The local nonprofit, co-founded by Fletcher Gill, a great nephew of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, helps wounded veterans and their families.
Mr. Gill says stars from social, political and international Washington will be in attendance.
The yacht, built in 1925 and now privately owned, has served presidents since Herbert Hoover.
Lost in translation
Looks like somebody over at MSNBC needs to brush up on geography. While anchor Norah O’Donnell was announcing the results of Tuesday’s Democratic gubernatorial primary in Virginia on Wednesday’s live broadcast, the upper right-hand graphic on-screen depicted the unmistakable silhouette of West Virginia.
It’s a go
Coming soon to a television near you: D.C., as seen through the eyes of eight drama-prone twentysomethings!
MTV has now confirmed, as we reported yesterday, that 2000 S St. NW will serve as the set of the 23rd season of its pioneering reality series “The Real World.”
The network’s president of programming, Tony DiSanto, announced on Wednesday: “The charged atmosphere of Washington, D.C., the center of our country’s social and political change, will provide an electric setting for this next season of ‘The Real World.’ We are thrilled to be filming our classic franchise in the heart of where history is being made … it adds a whole new dimension to the great characters and drama our viewers expect and love from ‘The Real World.’ ”
The DC episodes will air in 2010.
• To contact Stephanie Green and Elizabeth Glover, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq