- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Metro braces for crash lawsuits
Question of the Day
Last year, Metro agreed to pay a $2.9 million to the family of Sally D. McGhee, 54, and $2.3 million to the family of Martha Schoenborn, 59, to settle lawsuits filed after the two women were run over and killed by a Metrobus.
The women, who worked together at the Federal Trade Commission, had just left work and had a “walk” signal as they crossed Pennsylvania Avenue but the Metrobus came around the corner and struck them.
About the Author
Steven A Miller
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- House calls for immigration enforcement in Central America
- John Boehner blasts Obama's 'lack of leadership' on border
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world