- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
Redskins release Jason Taylor
Question of the Day
In addition to landing Dockery, the team on Friday landed All-Pro defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and retained cornerback DeAngelo Hall.
Demetric Evans, who started a career-high 11 games at right end for Washington in 2008, visited San Francisco on Monday. Evans, who will turn 30 in September, had said he didn’t want to come back for a sixth Redskins season if he couldn’t start, but now that possibility exists for him. Daniels, who turns 36 on Wednesday, had his contract voided last week.
“I worked out for the coaches at Redskin Park last week and it went well,” Daniels said on Monday before leaving for his second 3-hour workout of the day. “I’m feeling good. I can come back this year and do what I always do. I just don’t know whether the Redskins want me back or not.”
The Redskins’ official said the club is mulling re-signing Evans, Daniels or Marcus Washington, a five-year starter at strongside linebacker whose release on Feb. 20 had increased Taylor’s chances of moving to that spot. Taylor’s exit also improves the odds of the Redskins using the 13th pick in April’s draft on Texas defensive end/linebacker Brian Orapko.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world