- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Martis makes his case
Question of the Day
The Nationals cut six players from big league camp after Thursday’s win over the Baltimore Orioles. Infielders Brad Eldred and Pete Orr, outfielder Ryan Langerhans and left-hander Gustavo Chacin were reassigned to minor league camp. Catcher Luke Montz and outfielder Roger Bernadina were optioned to Class AAA. The moves leave Washington’s roster at 41. …
Ronnie Belliard will miss “at least three days,” according to Acta, after spraining his left ankle running down the first-base line Wednesday against the Florida Marlins. The veteran second baseman limped around the clubhouse Thursday, and the Nationals aren’t likely to take a chance rushing him back. …
Center fielder Lastings Milledge, who suffered a bruised left knee Wednesday night when he collided with Florida first baseman Gaby Sanchez, is day-to-day. The injury is not considered serious. …
Acta shot down rumors the Nationals were upset that Team USA manager Davey Johnson played Adam Dunn at first base in Wednesday’s World Baseball Classic game against Venezuela.
“I don’t even know where that came from,” Acta said. “I really don’t care. … As long as he helps USA win and gets his at-bats and continues to do what him and [hitting coach Rick] Eckstein were doing down here, go Adam, go USA.”
About the Author
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq