- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Martis makes his case
The Nationals cut six players from big league camp after Thursday’s win over the Baltimore Orioles. Infielders Brad Eldred and Pete Orr, outfielder Ryan Langerhans and left-hander Gustavo Chacin were reassigned to minor league camp. Catcher Luke Montz and outfielder Roger Bernadina were optioned to Class AAA. The moves leave Washington’s roster at 41. …
Ronnie Belliard will miss “at least three days,” according to Acta, after spraining his left ankle running down the first-base line Wednesday against the Florida Marlins. The veteran second baseman limped around the clubhouse Thursday, and the Nationals aren’t likely to take a chance rushing him back. …
Center fielder Lastings Milledge, who suffered a bruised left knee Wednesday night when he collided with Florida first baseman Gaby Sanchez, is day-to-day. The injury is not considered serious. …
Acta shot down rumors the Nationals were upset that Team USA manager Davey Johnson played Adam Dunn at first base in Wednesday’s World Baseball Classic game against Venezuela.
“I don’t even know where that came from,” Acta said. “I really don’t care. … As long as he helps USA win and gets his at-bats and continues to do what him and [hitting coach Rick] Eckstein were doing down here, go Adam, go USA.”
About the Author
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!