- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
LOVERRO: Ovechkin skates into T.O. territory
“[Backstrom] stopped and [Green] stopped, so I just had to do it myself,” Ovechkin said.
Green told reporters he knew the celebration was coming but decided against being a party to it.
“He wanted me to join in, but there was no way I was joining in on that,” he said. “I just kind of stood back and let him do what he does. I think it is great.”
It wasn’t great, and Boudreau knew it. He said he spoke to Ovechkin about it Friday morning. I doubt we will see anything like this from Ovechkin again.
What is great is the exuberance and joy that has defined Ovechkin’s personality on and off the ice, something that comes from the heart - not from Don Cherry’s mouth.
About the Author
- LOVERRO: Squeaky clean Doug Fister latest piece in Nats' personality shift
- LOVERRO: RG3 mentor still believes QB will be elite
- LOVERRO: Despite Bradley Beal injury, signs of hope for Wizards
- LOVERRO: Time for RG3, Mike Shanahan to stand together
- LOVERRO: The NFL games no one wanted to play
Latest Blog Entries
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow