- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
MMQB: Minicamp provides few answers
Question of the Day
Q: How is Jim Zorn different in his second year as coach?
A: The switch from overseer Joe Gibbs to the manic Zorn was jarring. But now that his assistants and veteran players are comfortable in his scheme, Zorn isn’t nearly as excitable. Not that he has lost his engaging personality. The coach kidded a reporter talking to Colt Brennan that the reserve quarterback is lying when he cocks his head.
Q: After forecasting 8-8 season last month, what do you think now?
A: Minicamp is too soon to get a handle on a team, especially because of the lack of contact. And the offense was without two of its key pieces, Samuels and receiver Santana Moss. The already formidable defense should be better with Haynesworth, Orakpo, Hall for an entire season and a healthy Phillip Daniels. Replacing Pete Kendall with Derrick Dockery on an aging line is basically a wash. Four months from the opener, it sure looks like the 2009 Redskins will have to win with defense.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world