- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
GREEN & GLOVER: Stood up
Question of the Day
When Miss Sanchez was 18, she said, her mother decided she wanted to go back to school, much to the dismay of Miss Sanchez’s father. To take night classes, her mother had to prepare dinner and have it waiting for her father before she could leave.
“That is economic abuse,” Miss Sanchez said, “and it affects people across the economic continuum.”
Music to our ears
Steinway and Sons, legendary makers of handcrafted pianos for more than 150 years, will open its first Washington-area dealership in Tysons Corner Center in McLean. The store’s grand opening is Friday.
Perhaps it was inevitable. As more and more musicians and artists sing the District’s praises, it only makes sense they’ll need a Steinway store nearby for their visits to town.
According to Steinway and Sons, nearly all of the world’s concert pianists choose to play Steinway exclusively, without compensation, including Emanuel Ax, Evgeny Kissin, Lang Lang, Billy Joel, Diana Krall and Harry Connick Jr.
Incidentally, Steinway is the piano of choice for the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Washington National Cathedral, and, yes, even the Supreme Court building and the White House.
To contact Stephanie Green or Elizabeth Glover, e-mail undercover@ washingtontimes.com.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world