- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, non-lethal aid to counter Russians
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
GREEN & GLOVER: Stood up
When Miss Sanchez was 18, she said, her mother decided she wanted to go back to school, much to the dismay of Miss Sanchez’s father. To take night classes, her mother had to prepare dinner and have it waiting for her father before she could leave.
“That is economic abuse,” Miss Sanchez said, “and it affects people across the economic continuum.”
Music to our ears
Steinway and Sons, legendary makers of handcrafted pianos for more than 150 years, will open its first Washington-area dealership in Tysons Corner Center in McLean. The store’s grand opening is Friday.
Perhaps it was inevitable. As more and more musicians and artists sing the District’s praises, it only makes sense they’ll need a Steinway store nearby for their visits to town.
According to Steinway and Sons, nearly all of the world’s concert pianists choose to play Steinway exclusively, without compensation, including Emanuel Ax, Evgeny Kissin, Lang Lang, Billy Joel, Diana Krall and Harry Connick Jr.
Incidentally, Steinway is the piano of choice for the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Washington National Cathedral, and, yes, even the Supreme Court building and the White House.
To contact Stephanie Green or Elizabeth Glover, e-mail undercover@ washingtontimes.com.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.