- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Question of the Day
Situation: Eagles’ ball, first-and-10 on the Philadelphia 33
The play: DeSean Jackson took a handoff from Donovan McNabb, rounded the corner and ran 67 yards for the game’s first score. He got some help but essentially outran LaRon Landry and Carlos Rogers to the end zone. The Eagles’ 7-0 lead arrived early, and it set the tone.
Washington Redskins at Atlanta Falcons
When: 1 p.m., Nov. 8
Where: Georgia Dome
TV/radio: Ch. 5, ESPN 980
Outlook: The Redskins get a week off and then head south to face the Falcons. Atlanta lost Sunday to Dallas and faces the undefeated Saints in New Orleans next Monday. The Falcons can score, averaging 24 points a game, but have not faced a defense quite as stout as Washington’s. Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan has thrown six interceptions but has weapons in running back Michael Turner, receiver Roddy White and tight end Tony Gonzalez.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world