- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Situation: Eagles’ ball, first-and-10 on the Philadelphia 33
The play: DeSean Jackson took a handoff from Donovan McNabb, rounded the corner and ran 67 yards for the game’s first score. He got some help but essentially outran LaRon Landry and Carlos Rogers to the end zone. The Eagles’ 7-0 lead arrived early, and it set the tone.
Washington Redskins at Atlanta Falcons
When: 1 p.m., Nov. 8
Where: Georgia Dome
TV/radio: Ch. 5, ESPN 980
Outlook: The Redskins get a week off and then head south to face the Falcons. Atlanta lost Sunday to Dallas and faces the undefeated Saints in New Orleans next Monday. The Falcons can score, averaging 24 points a game, but have not faced a defense quite as stout as Washington’s. Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan has thrown six interceptions but has weapons in running back Michael Turner, receiver Roddy White and tight end Tony Gonzalez.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.