- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
First Down: Top make-believe facts about Cliff Lee
Question of the Day
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
The Fall Classic heads back to Philadelphia, where the Phillies could win their second consecutive title. The threat of rain for Games 3 and 4 could be the biggest foe this weekend, however.
Vikings at Packers
Now it’s Fox’s turn to reap the benefits of Brett Favre facing his old team. Stay tuned to see what kind of records the games sets for total viewers.
No. 3 Texas at No. 13 Oklahoma State
The Cowboys could get the inside edge toward the Big 12 title game with an upset win, but the Longhorns still have BCS championship hopes.
No. 4 USC at No. 10 Oregon
Oregon is leading the Pac-10, but a win by the Trojans would put a Rose Bowl berth up for grabs among as many as four teams.
TWT FIVE MAKE-BELIEVE FACTS ABOUT PHILLIES PITCHER CLIFF LEE
1. Cliff Lee likes to pick up hitchhikers because he never lets a man walk.
2. Cliff Lee once struck out a man just by staring him down.
3. Cliff Lee has no shadow. No one shadows Cliff Lee.
4. The Boogeyman looks in his closet every night to check for Cliff Lee.
5. The Most Interesting Man in the World drinks whatever Cliff Lee is having.
HE SAID WHAT?
“I can’t imagine somebody going five or six straight years to the World Series and winning three or four straight. I can’t even think about that. I’m dying like heck for us to win two.”
- Phillies manager Charlie Manuel
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world