- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
First Down: Top make-believe facts about Cliff Lee
Question of the Day
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
The Fall Classic heads back to Philadelphia, where the Phillies could win their second consecutive title. The threat of rain for Games 3 and 4 could be the biggest foe this weekend, however.
Vikings at Packers
Now it’s Fox’s turn to reap the benefits of Brett Favre facing his old team. Stay tuned to see what kind of records the games sets for total viewers.
No. 3 Texas at No. 13 Oklahoma State
The Cowboys could get the inside edge toward the Big 12 title game with an upset win, but the Longhorns still have BCS championship hopes.
No. 4 USC at No. 10 Oregon
Oregon is leading the Pac-10, but a win by the Trojans would put a Rose Bowl berth up for grabs among as many as four teams.
TWT FIVE MAKE-BELIEVE FACTS ABOUT PHILLIES PITCHER CLIFF LEE
1. Cliff Lee likes to pick up hitchhikers because he never lets a man walk.
2. Cliff Lee once struck out a man just by staring him down.
3. Cliff Lee has no shadow. No one shadows Cliff Lee.
4. The Boogeyman looks in his closet every night to check for Cliff Lee.
5. The Most Interesting Man in the World drinks whatever Cliff Lee is having.
HE SAID WHAT?
“I can’t imagine somebody going five or six straight years to the World Series and winning three or four straight. I can’t even think about that. I’m dying like heck for us to win two.”
- Phillies manager Charlie Manuel
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq