THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
The Fall Classic heads back to Philadelphia, where the Phillies could win their second consecutive title. The threat of rain for Games 3 and 4 could be the biggest foe this weekend, however.
Vikings at Packers
Now it’s Fox’s turn to reap the benefits of Brett Favre facing his old team. Stay tuned to see what kind of records the games sets for total viewers.
No. 3 Texas at No. 13 Oklahoma State
The Cowboys could get the inside edge toward the Big 12 title game with an upset win, but the Longhorns still have BCS championship hopes.
No. 4 USC at No. 10 Oregon
Oregon is leading the Pac-10, but a win by the Trojans would put a Rose Bowl berth up for grabs among as many as four teams.
TWT FIVE MAKE-BELIEVE FACTS ABOUT PHILLIES PITCHER CLIFF LEE
1. Cliff Lee likes to pick up hitchhikers because he never lets a man walk.
2. Cliff Lee once struck out a man just by staring him down.
3. Cliff Lee has no shadow. No one shadows Cliff Lee.
4. The Boogeyman looks in his closet every night to check for Cliff Lee.
5. The Most Interesting Man in the World drinks whatever Cliff Lee is having.
HE SAID WHAT?
“I can’t imagine somebody going five or six straight years to the World Series and winning three or four straight. I can’t even think about that. I’m dying like heck for us to win two.”
- Phillies manager Charlie Manuel