- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Carroll’s loss stings Terps
Question of the Day
Teammates - most of whom voted for Carroll as one of the Terps’ four permanent captains last month - were sympathetic for a player who switched from wide receiver to cornerback two years into his career before eventually emerging as a vital contributor in his final season.
“It’s a guy who busted his [butt] for his senior year,” linebacker Alex Wujciak said. “I don’t know what the prognosis is for something like that, but we’re going to miss him for however long he’s out.”
Notes - Like McCollough, it appears unlikely that left tackle Bruce Campbell (turf toe) will be ready for this week.
“It doesn’t look that way,” Friedgen said. “We’re hoping for the following week.” …
Friedgen said sophomore tackle Tyler Bowen held up in his first action. Bowen, who has battled foot injuries since arriving, is likely to miss practice Tuesday as a precaution.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at email@example.com.
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world