- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
CAMPBELL TO COOLEY [up]
Hooked up for seven receptions and 83 yards, including a couple drive-savers
PORTIS TO COOLEY [down]
Wrong play call at the wrong time, part of rough red zone day for Redskins
2008 SEVENTH-ROUND PICKS [UP]
Chris Horton had the play of the day; Rams’ “Mr. Irrelevant” David Vobora started
SHAUN SUISHAM [up]
Otherwise known as the team’s leading scorer, the kicker provided all nine points
PLAYER OF THE GAME
Five of the tight end’s receptions earned Washington a first down, and two of those catches came on third down. He finished with seven receptions for 83 yards and kept the offense moving, especially in the first half.
PLAY OF THE GAME
Score: Washington 9, St. Louis 7
Quarter: Fourth, 13:00 remaining
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
There's nothing centrist about the senior senator from Virginia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq