- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
FIRST DOWN: Newsmakers of the week
Question of the Day
WEDNESDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The U.S. men’s national team has another World Cup qualifying match against Trinidad and Tobago in Port of Spain. 6:30 p.m., ESPN Classic
NEWSMAKERS ” WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
His Airness glides into the Hall of Fame on Friday. We’re assuming he’ll pull a Mariah Carey and display both a Wizards and Bulls jersey.
One more victory would put the teenager in the semifinals of the U.S. Open, where she has assumed the role of crowd favorite.
The Patriots’ coach showed emotion for the first time when Tedy Bruschi retired, then iced over and swindled the Raiders.
Anyone else notice him doing little more than watch from the sideline as his Seminoles mismanaged their way to a home loss to Miami?
The 42-year-old stirred PGA Tour player of the year talk after winning the Deutsche Bank Championship and taking the FedEx Cup lead.
TWT FIVE ” WORST RAIDERS MOVES
1. Drafting Sebastian Janikowski in the first round - There were a lot of bad picks in 2000, but taking a kicker 17th overall is like waving a white flag.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world