- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
FIRST DOWN: Newsmakers of the week
Question of the Day
WEDNESDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The U.S. men’s national team has another World Cup qualifying match against Trinidad and Tobago in Port of Spain. 6:30 p.m., ESPN Classic
NEWSMAKERS ” WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
His Airness glides into the Hall of Fame on Friday. We’re assuming he’ll pull a Mariah Carey and display both a Wizards and Bulls jersey.
One more victory would put the teenager in the semifinals of the U.S. Open, where she has assumed the role of crowd favorite.
The Patriots’ coach showed emotion for the first time when Tedy Bruschi retired, then iced over and swindled the Raiders.
Anyone else notice him doing little more than watch from the sideline as his Seminoles mismanaged their way to a home loss to Miami?
The 42-year-old stirred PGA Tour player of the year talk after winning the Deutsche Bank Championship and taking the FedEx Cup lead.
TWT FIVE ” WORST RAIDERS MOVES
1. Drafting Sebastian Janikowski in the first round - There were a lot of bad picks in 2000, but taking a kicker 17th overall is like waving a white flag.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq