POLL DU JOUR
• 84 percent of U.S. voters say the situation in Afghanistan is important to national security.
• 47 percent believe the U.S. can win in Afghanistan.
• 30 percent say victory is not possible; 23 percent are not sure.
• 42 percent approve of President Obama’s handling of the war in Afghanistan.
• 79 percent of Democrats and 24 percent of Republicans agree.
• 63 percent of Republicans say “winning the war” is the most important goal.
• 64 percent of Democrats say “ending the war as soon as possible” is more important.
Source: A Rasmussen Reports survey of 1,000 likely voters conducted Feb. 19 and 20.
• Rumbles, murmurs, rants to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her at twitter .com/harperbulletin.