Poll du jour
• 76 percent of Americans say September 11 was the last decade’s most defining event.
• 91 percent of Republicans and 63 percent of Democrats agree.
• 21 percent of Americans overall say “terror” is the defining word of the last decade.
• 33 percent of Republicans and 12 percent of Democrats agree.
• 15 percent of Americans overall said “decline” was the second most defining term.
• 13 percent cited “loss of personal freedom/civil liberties.”
Source: A Zogby International survey of 2,841 adults conducted Dec. 28-30.
• Fancy press kits, numinous asides, revelations to email@example.com
A graduate of Syracuse University, Jennifer Harper writes the daily Inside the Beltway column and provides additional coverage of breaking national news, plus long-term trends in politics, media issues, public opinion, popular culture, Hollywood foibles and “eureka” moments in health and science.
She has been a frequent broadcast commentator on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, C-SPAN, Voice of America, Citadel Broadcasting, ...
By Elaine Donnelly
Extending sexual misconduct to combat units
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Video reviews of today's hottest trends in Minecraft (servers and mods) along with a look at the latest video games with your host MCairsoft14 (alias Jerad Zad).
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Contributions to the Communities Sports desk from readers.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention