- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Inside the Beltway
Question of the Day
• Whenever President Obama says, “I’m here to tell you,” “Democratic leadership,” or “let me be absolutely clear.”
• Whenever Mr. Obama alludes to the “last eight years” or “inherited” to deflect interest from his policies.
• When the networks use the acronym “SOTU” — “State of the Union” for the uninitiated — as an on-screen graphic.
• When they cut to a shot of Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, looking “grizzled.”
• If Rep. Joe Wilson, South Carolina Republican, yells something.
• If someone other than Mr.Wilson yells something.
• If Michelle Obama wears a sleeveless dress.
• If House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “claps like a seal.”
• If Mr. Obama receives a standing ovation, and Republicans stay seated.
“Right-wing filmmaker” (CBS News).
“ACORN Gotcha Guy” (New York Daily News).
“Fake ACORN pimp” (Newsweek).
“ACORN antagonist” (Los Angeles Times).
“Independent filmmaker” (Fox News).
About the Author
A graduate of Syracuse University, Jennifer Harper writes the daily Inside the Beltway column and provides additional coverage of breaking national news, plus long-term trends in politics, media issues, public opinion, popular culture, Hollywood foibles and “eureka” moments in health and science.
She has been a frequent broadcast commentator on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, C-SPAN, Voice of America, Citadel Broadcasting, ...
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world