- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Inside the Beltway
• Whenever President Obama says, “I’m here to tell you,” “Democratic leadership,” or “let me be absolutely clear.”
• Whenever Mr. Obama alludes to the “last eight years” or “inherited” to deflect interest from his policies.
• When the networks use the acronym “SOTU” — “State of the Union” for the uninitiated — as an on-screen graphic.
• When they cut to a shot of Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, looking “grizzled.”
• If Rep. Joe Wilson, South Carolina Republican, yells something.
• If someone other than Mr.Wilson yells something.
• If Michelle Obama wears a sleeveless dress.
• If House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “claps like a seal.”
• If Mr. Obama receives a standing ovation, and Republicans stay seated.
“Right-wing filmmaker” (CBS News).
“ACORN Gotcha Guy” (New York Daily News).
“Fake ACORN pimp” (Newsweek).
“ACORN antagonist” (Los Angeles Times).
“Independent filmmaker” (Fox News).
About the Author
A graduate of Syracuse University, Jennifer Harper writes the daily Inside the Beltway column and provides additional coverage of breaking national news, plus long-term trends in politics, media issues, public opinion, popular culture, Hollywood foibles and “eureka” moments in health and science.
She has been a frequent broadcast commentator on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, C-SPAN, Voice of America, Citadel Broadcasting, ...
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014