- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
Inside the Beltway
Question of the Day
• Whenever President Obama says, “I’m here to tell you,” “Democratic leadership,” or “let me be absolutely clear.”
• Whenever Mr. Obama alludes to the “last eight years” or “inherited” to deflect interest from his policies.
• When the networks use the acronym “SOTU” — “State of the Union” for the uninitiated — as an on-screen graphic.
• When they cut to a shot of Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, looking “grizzled.”
• If Rep. Joe Wilson, South Carolina Republican, yells something.
• If someone other than Mr.Wilson yells something.
• If Michelle Obama wears a sleeveless dress.
• If House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “claps like a seal.”
• If Mr. Obama receives a standing ovation, and Republicans stay seated.
“Right-wing filmmaker” (CBS News).
“ACORN Gotcha Guy” (New York Daily News).
“Fake ACORN pimp” (Newsweek).
“ACORN antagonist” (Los Angeles Times).
“Independent filmmaker” (Fox News).
About the Author
A graduate of Syracuse University, Jennifer Harper writes the daily Inside the Beltway column and provides additional coverage of breaking national news, plus long-term trends in politics, media issues, public opinion, popular culture, Hollywood foibles and “eureka” moments in health and science.
She has been a frequent broadcast commentator on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, C-SPAN, Voice of America, Citadel Broadcasting, ...
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq