• Whenever President Obama says, “I’m here to tell you,” “Democratic leadership,” or “let me be absolutely clear.”
• Whenever Mr. Obama alludes to the “last eight years” or “inherited” to deflect interest from his policies.
• When the networks use the acronym “SOTU” — “State of the Union” for the uninitiated — as an on-screen graphic.
• When they cut to a shot of Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, looking “grizzled.”
• If Rep. Joe Wilson, South Carolina Republican, yells something.
• If someone other than Mr.Wilson yells something.
• If Michelle Obama wears a sleeveless dress.
• If House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “claps like a seal.”
• If Mr. Obama receives a standing ovation, and Republicans stay seated.
“Right-wing filmmaker” (CBS News).
“ACORN Gotcha Guy” (New York Daily News).
“Fake ACORN pimp” (Newsweek).
“ACORN antagonist” (Los Angeles Times).
“Independent filmmaker” (Fox News).View Entire Story
A graduate of Syracuse University, Jennifer Harper writes the daily Inside the Beltway column and provides additional coverage of breaking national news, plus long-term trends in politics, media issues, public opinion, popular culture, Hollywood foibles and “eureka” moments in health and science.
She has been a frequent broadcast commentator on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, C-SPAN, Voice of America, Citadel Broadcasting, ...
By John Solomon
How the government's punishing of the exposure of official wrongdoing can linger for years
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Wall Street news before (and occasionally after) the opening bell.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Movie reviews, interviews, including the latest on DVR and Blu-Ray.
A mother of three and a passionate conservative, Shirley Husar changes the game.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention