- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Poll: Maryland governor’s race close
Question of the Day
The pollsters called 807 registered voters who are likely to vote in November. The poll was conducted from July 13 through July 21.
Mr. O'Malley defeated Mr. Ehrlich in the 2006 governor’s race with 53 percent of the vote to 46 percent.
The poll released Tuesday noted that the economy continues to be the number one issue for Maryland voters, with 52 percent saying it’s the most important issue facing the state.
Statewide, 48 percent said they approve of the job Mr. O'Malley is doing as governor, with 39 percent saying they disapprove. Among unaffiliated voters, 45 percent approved of the job Mr. O'Malley is doing while 40 percent disapproved.
Mr. Ehrlich had a 46 percent approval rating statewide, with 23 percent having an unfavorable opinion. Registered independents had a 45 percent approval rating of Mr. Ehrlich, and 16 percent had an unfavorable opinion.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
White House pets gone wild!