- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Final health care bill awaits Obama
Republicans argued that the partisan health debate threatened to permanently divide the parties in the Senate.
“This bill in process is a game changer in the way the minority will operate, said Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican.
He all but ruled out further compromises on the immigration debate, but said he will still work on bipartisan climate-change legislation.
Democratic Sens. Ben Nelson of Nebraska, and Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor of Arkansas joined all Republicans in opposition. Ms. Lincoln, who is in a tough re-election fight, had said she planned to vote against the package because it was passed through reconciliation. Mr. Pryor said the repair bill ended up hurting Arkansas by reducing how much the federal government paid for Medicaid.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- First pot business license issued in Washington
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again