- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Democrats earn an F in economics
Question of the Day
The Democrats failed Economics 101 in the classroom and on the job. Our economy has been worsened by their tax-and-spend policies. Giving money to those on Social Security does not stimulate economic growth. Those on fixed incomes usually spend it on necessities or save it. Our economy is stimulated when an influx of disposable income by the middle class and rich is spent in the community.
The policy of penalizing the rich has stymied economies of socialist countries. We provide the money our government spends. The money is ours, not owned by the state as in a socialist country. The Democrats either have forgotten this or are trying to change America into a socialist country.
The power to alter the direction in Washington to maintain our democratic republic and the American way is now in the hands of the Republicans. Should the Republican Party fail to stand for America’s proven principles, we can expect to see our liberty further wane.
ROGER W. HANCOCK
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Embryonic stem cell research falls out of favor as scientists go ethical
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives