- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
Clinton calls for Serbian talks with Kosovo
Question of the Day
Hopes for that are slim, though. While some faces changed in the Oct. 3 vote, most Bosnians again voted along ethnic lines, reinforcing deadlock over the country’s future. Although most Bosniaks and many Croats want a unified state, Bosnia’s Serbs overwhelmingly support leaders who want to break their part of the country away from the rest of Bosnia.
After seeing Mrs. Clinton at the embassy dedication, the secessionist-minded Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodik told reporters he still does not favor a revamped constitution strengthening central government powers. Instead, he said, any changes should “give ethnic groups the right to self-determination.”
Mrs. Clinton will visit Kosovo on Wednesday to press her case for talks with Serbia, and she plans to call on Kosovo’s ethnic Albanian and minority Serb communities to settle their differences. She is scheduled to make these appeals in the capital, Pristina, and the Serb-majority town of Gracanica.
Associated Press writers Aida Cerkez in Sarajevo and George Jahn in Vienna, Austria, contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq