- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politicians aren’t accountable for actions
Are you tired of the lies that are coming out of Washington? Have you heard one congressman or senator say, “It is partly my fault that the country is in the situation it is in”? No. Politicians blame everyone except themselves.
I would like to hear just one say, “Yes, I voted to borrow money from another country and to keep spending more money than we take in so I could get re-elected.” This country should be the bank, not the borrower. Remember the old saying, “The borrower is slave to the lender”?
In my opinion, every member of Congress who voted to borrow money from China or from any other country should be removed from office. I put them in the same category as Benedict Arnold. They are not the patriots we think they are.
I guess our flag and paper money will someday read “In money we trust.” Greed will destroy us. The people running for president are the same ones who put us in this position - and now they want to be in charge?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend