- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
New Zealand is gearing up to host the Rugby World Cup next month. But its promotional plans are going awry, with residents complaining that some of the concepts for celebrating the country’s culture may just as likely invite ridicule.
“What were they thinking?” said Robyn Kippenberger, head of the Royal New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, which opposed the planned sheep run.
Organizers had planned to parade the sheep and the scantily clad women through downtown Auckland as a climax to festivals throughout the country in the build-up to the World Cup final. They canceled those plans this week amid outcry from Ms. Kippenberger and others.
Prime minister diagnosed with dengue virus
PORT-OF-SPAIN — Doctors in Trinidad say the Caribbean island’s prime minister is among the nearly 1,700 people who have been diagnosed with dengue.
Trinidad’s health minister says Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has a mild form of the mosquito-borne virus and is expected to recover. Dr. Fuad Khan says the leader likely contracted the disease during a recent walking tour in the capital of Port-of-Spain.
The prime minister’s office released a statement late Tuesday saying Mr. Persad-Bissessar is working from home.
Dr. Khan says Trinidad is fighting a dengue outbreak and warns people to take precautions.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.