- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Question of the Day
New Zealand is gearing up to host the Rugby World Cup next month. But its promotional plans are going awry, with residents complaining that some of the concepts for celebrating the country’s culture may just as likely invite ridicule.
“What were they thinking?” said Robyn Kippenberger, head of the Royal New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, which opposed the planned sheep run.
Organizers had planned to parade the sheep and the scantily clad women through downtown Auckland as a climax to festivals throughout the country in the build-up to the World Cup final. They canceled those plans this week amid outcry from Ms. Kippenberger and others.
Prime minister diagnosed with dengue virus
PORT-OF-SPAIN — Doctors in Trinidad say the Caribbean island’s prime minister is among the nearly 1,700 people who have been diagnosed with dengue.
Trinidad’s health minister says Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has a mild form of the mosquito-borne virus and is expected to recover. Dr. Fuad Khan says the leader likely contracted the disease during a recent walking tour in the capital of Port-of-Spain.
The prime minister’s office released a statement late Tuesday saying Mr. Persad-Bissessar is working from home.
Dr. Khan says Trinidad is fighting a dengue outbreak and warns people to take precautions.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq