- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
HAGELIN: Next push: Acceptance of polygamy, pedophilia
Question of the Day
One of the blessings of my trip to Australia was to experience the cross-cultural embrace of truth. Truth is universal - marriage means the union of one man and one woman - and doesn’t change across the time zones to Australia. Nor has it changed through the centuries. The political push for homosexual marriage may well win the battle for headlines, but it cannot change human nature - it cannot silence the truth.
Parents, be forewarned. The year ahead promises an unpleasant battle for those who speak the truth. But make no mistake: The truth will prevail.
We need to be prepared to be unflinching messengers of the truth to our own children, friends, neighbors and school personnel. Know the truth: The homosexual lifestyle brings misery and damages society, health and well-being. Champion the truth. Our young people need to hear the beautiful purpose and meaning of human sexuality and marriage and to identify the immoral counterfeits that claim the same legitimacy.
• Rebecca Hagelin can be reached at rebecca@howtosave yourfamily.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Homeland Security adviser tweets America is 'Islamic country'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs