- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Sentencing delayed for Jodie Foster’s dad
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Scheduling issues have delayed the sentencing of Jodie Foster’s estranged father, who faces more than 25 years behind bars after being convicted of bilking more than $100,000 from the poor and elderly in a home-building scheme.
City attorney’s spokesman Frank Mateljan (mah-TEHL’-jin) says Lucius Foster will return to court Friday morning. The 89-year-old was convicted of 21 misdemeanor counts of grand theft Wednesday after a jury determined he had bilked 21 people out of money.
He was expected to be sentenced Thursday but could not be returned from jail to court in time.
Lucius Foster was convicted of taking $5,000 each from people for whom he promised to build affordable homes made from cargo containers. The units were never built, and prosecutors alleged he blatantly lied to clients.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world