- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Question of the Day
Sixteen boats arrived in less than 24 hours since Saturday night, Palermo-based coast guard official Claudia Viccica said. Many of the migrants were crammed onto aging fishing boats or motorized dinghies after reportedly paying hundreds of dollars to smugglers for the trip across the Mediterranean.
The Tunisians are fleeing confusion after street protests and the Jan. 14 ouster of their longtime autocratic president, Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.
New military chief takes over in crisis
JERUSALEM | Israel on Sunday named Maj. Gen. Benny Gantz as its military chief after months of bitter infighting between top generals, as the country faces a new political landscape in the Middle East.
Maj. Gen. Gantz, 51, replaces Lt. Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi, whose term as chief of staff of Israel’s armed forces ends on Monday.
“Gen. Benny Gantz is an excellent officer and an experienced commander,” said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after the Cabinet unanimously approved his appointment.
Mr. Netanyahu said he hoped Maj. Gen. Gantz would help heal the rifts in the military, especially at a time of uncertainty in the Middle East.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq