- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
‘Transformers’ stay in shape with $47M weekend
Question of the Day
“From the distributor standpoint, people are looking at these movies as world events much more than just domestic events,” said Rory Bruer, head of distribution at Sony, whose “Zookeeper” padded its domestic take with a $7.5 million launch in 19 overseas markets.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
1. “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” $47 million ($93 million international).
2. “Horrible Bosses,” $28.1 million.
3. “Zookeeper,” $21 million ($7.5 million international).
4. “Cars 2,” $15.2 million ($26.9 million international).
5. “Bad Teacher,” $9 million.
6. “Larry Crowne,” $6.3 million.
7. “Super 8,” $4.8 million ($2.5 million international).
8. “Monte Carlo,” $3.8 million.
9. “Green Lantern,” $3.1 million.
10. “Mr. Popper’s Penguins,” $2.9 million.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors