- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Casey Anthony verdict a symptom of decay
There is a reason, sadly, why 12 jurors found Casey Anthony not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old child, Caylee ("When 'reality' leaves justice undone," Politics, Friday).
Our insidiously permissive society has seared our collective consciences, and we have slid into moral decay. An inconvenient pregnancy? An abortion will fix that. An inconvenient child? A little chloroform and duct tape will do the trick. When did we become such a hedonistic society that one would resort to murder for the sake of convenience and it becomes OK?
We have been going down a slippery slope since 1973's Supreme Court ruling in Roe v. Wade. We have legalized abortion and euthanasia. Now, apparently, child murder is well on its way to becoming acceptable. There is a public outpouring and backlash over the jury's findings, but in a few years of further slippage, it won't be such a big deal. Unless we return to being a nation with moral precepts and a high regard for life, our nation is doomed, for our Constitution is intended for a moral people.
If God thought the Ten Commandments were a good moral code of law for the Israelites, we should think them good enough for us as well.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rutgers professors to Condi Rice: Go home, and take your speech with you
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine