You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

Man charged with stealing Picasso to be arraigned

- Associated Press - Friday, July 15, 2011

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A man accused of stealing a valuable Picasso drawing from a San Francisco gallery is set to be arraigned one day after authorities in New Jersey said they found about $500,000 in stolen artwork at his apartment there.

Mark Lugo is set to appear in San Francisco Superior Court on Friday on charges stemming from his alleged theft of the 1965 Picasso drawing "Tete de Femme," from the Weinstein Gallery in downtown San Francisco.

Lugo's attorney, Douglas Horngrad, says his 30-year-old client intends to plead not guilty.

Hoboken, N.J., police said Thursday they found another Picasso drawing worth $350,000 and several other pieces around Lugo's apartment this week. That Picasso drawing had been reported stolen in New York City.

Horngrad declined to comment on those allegations.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.