- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
Woman fatally shoots McLean psychiatrist, then kills herself
Question of the Day
A woman fatally shot her psychiatrist in McLean on Friday and then killed herself, Fairfax County police say.
Police say officers were called to a home in the 8600 block of Tebbs Lane at about 4:15 p.m. Friday for a report of gunshots.
They found the bodies of a man and a woman. The man, 71, was identified as a resident of the home where he lived and worked as a psychiatrist. The woman, 62, had been his patient.
Police on Saturday afternoon identified the psychiatrist as Dr. Mark Lawrence, of 8612 Tebbs Lane. The patient was identified as Barbara Newman, 62, of 9694 Farmside Place in Vienna.
Detectives preliminarily determined that the patient shot the doctor, then herself, police said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Matthew Cella is The Washington Times’ Metro editor. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Prince William County officials alarmed at illegals housed at nonprofit
- Former P.G. County Executive Wayne K. Curry dies of cancer at 63
- Jury: HIV/AIDS grant money used to renovate building that opened as strip club
- Assad Facebook page displays letter of support from Virginia state senator
- Deeds files notice ahead of possible lawsuit over son's care
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq