- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Chris Brown wins a leading 4 BET Awards
Question of the Day
A fan was brought on stage to announce the winner, and she initially said Brown won. Then she corrected herself to say Rihanna won, and Drake came on stage to claim the trophy. After a commercial break, host Kevin Hart clarified that “there was a mistake,” and Brown had indeed been the viewers’ choice.
Other winners included Diddy Dirty Money, named best group, and Jaden Smith and Willow Smith, who tied as winners of the Young Stars award.
But the show was really about the performances, which were plentiful. Mary J. Blige opened the ceremony, performing her hits “All Night Long” and “Real Love” before being joined by Anita Baker. The divas performed a duet of “Caught Up in the Rapture.”
Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, DJ Khaled and Ace Hood shared the stage for “Hustle Hard.” Alicia Keys unveiled a new song, before lapsing into “A Woman’s Worth,” for which she was joined by Bruno Mars, and her hit, “Fallin’.”
Jill Scott sang in a speakeasy setting. Trey Songz took off his shirt during his performance, even after host Kevin Hart said the young singer looks “like a beige greyhound” shirtless.
Donnie McClurkin kicked off a gospel celebration, with Mary Mary and Deitrick Haddon joining in to sing “Thank You.”
Beyonce performed from across the pond: Her headlining set at the Glastonbury Music Festival was beamed into the Shrine from England.
Sandy Cohen can be reached at www.twitter.com/APSandy.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- OBAMASCARE: Huge premium hikes rock employer-insured workers
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow