- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Buddy Guy celebrated at Blues Music Awards
MEMPHIS, TENN. (AP) - Buddy Guy didn’t have the blues at the Blues Music Awards.
Guy won five awards at The Blues Foundation’s ceremony Thursday in Memphis, Tenn., including B.B. King entertainer of the year.
He also won album of the year and contemporary blues album for “Living Proof,” contemporary blues artist and song of the year.
Solomon Burke posthumously won soul blues male artist of the year and soul blues album of the year for “Nothing’s Impossible.”
Willie “Big Eyes” Smith won best traditional album for “Joined at the Hip,” his collaboration with the late Pinetop Perkins.
The late Robin Rogers won contemporary blues female artist, Charlie Musselwhite was named traditional blues male artist, The Derek Trucks Band won band of the year and Matt Hill won best new artist.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.