- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Taking Names: Yoko Ono: ‘Imagine’ initially ‘was not really accepted’
Question of the Day
Hugh Grant has become a father after a brief fling, his spokesman said Tuesday - but the identity of the baby’s mother is not being disclosed.
According to the Associated Press, publicist Carrie Gordon said Mr. Grant “is the delighted father of a baby girl.”
She said Mr. Grant and the mother “had a fleeting affair and while this was not planned, Hugh could not be happier or more supportive.
“He and the mother have discussed everything and are on very friendly terms.”
The 51-year-old star of “Four Weddings and a Funeral” and “Notting Hill” previously had relationships with model-actress Elizabeth Hurley and socialite-turned-campaigner Jemima Khan.
Mr. Grant, who built a career playing bumbling British charmers, last appeared in a movie opposite Sarah Jessica Parker in the 2009 comedy “Did You Hear About the Morgans?”
More recently, he has become a high-profile opponent of intrusion by Britain’s tabloid press.
Lindsay Lohan sentenced to 30 days in jail
A judge on Wednesday sentenced Lindsay Lohan to serve 30 days in jail for a probation violation.
According to the Associated Press, Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner sentenced the actress for violating the terms of her release by being terminated from a community service assignment at a women’s shelter.
The actress acknowledged she violated her probation. Her sentence will likely be shortened because of jail overcrowding.
Judge Sautner imposed a complicated sentence on the actress, telling her that she will have to perform all of her community service at the county morgue or risk serving an additional 270 days in jail.
The judge also ordered Miss Lohan to continue undergoing counseling sessions and said she must report back to court in December, January, February and March for updates.
Miss Lohan also will get a new probation officer who has been ordered by Judge Sautner to report any violations directly to the court.
It is Miss Lohan’s fifth jail sentence since being arrested twice for drunken driving in 2007. The 25-year-old last served 35 days on house arrest on a four-month jail sentence.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world