- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
Pee Wee, Potter, Vader honored at Scream Awards
“Thank you. It’s a great honor,” Downey said. “As your hero, I want you to know I would never, ever, consider using this moment to crassly promote an upcoming movie…. Will you please enjoy this very special world premiere of the new trailer for Sherlock Holmes?”
Downey wasn’t the only winner who unveiled his latest trailer. Cage showed “Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance,” Radcliffe introduced “The Woman In Black.” Trailers were also shown for “Piranha 3DD” and “Paranormal 3.”
The show was punctuated with circus-worthy acts such as aerialists, fire dancers and contortionists who performed inside floating plastic balls. There were also plenty of stars and special effects.
The most anticipated movie was “The Dark Knight Rises,” and stars Anne Hathaway, Gary Oldman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt took the stage to thank fans for the honor. Bradley Cooper accepted an award for “Limitless” and J.J. Abrams was on hand to take a sci-fi prize for “Super 8.”
When Darren Aronofsky accepted the best director award, a massive black swan floated by in the lake behind him. Peter Dinklage is in Croatia shooting “Game of Thrones,” but he somehow managed to accept the supporting actor award from underwater.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen on Twitter at www.twitter.com/APSandy.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.