- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
State police detectives were awaiting results of an autopsy. DNA tests may be needed to confirm whether the body was that of Kitty Wardwell, who was last seen with her on-again, off-again boyfriend Frank Julian.
Julian told police in New Hampshire that he last saw Wardwell after an argument that June, when he dropped her off at a motel in Salem, N.H., before returning to Maine, police said. She was reported missing the following month by a close friend.
2 teens in custody in school shooting
FAYETTEVILLE — Authorities say two teenagers were taken into custody Monday night in the shooting of a 15-year-old North Carolina student who was wounded in the neck with what appeared to be a small-caliber bullet during a lunch period outside her high school.
Cumberland County Sheriff Earl Butler said at a news conference Monday night that the two suspects were students at Cape Fear High School. He said they were questioned and would be charged. He said the weapon used and bullet casings were recovered.
The sheriff also said both teens participated in the shooting.
Sheriff Butler said Catilyn Abercrombie was in stable condition after surgery.
Mother pleads guilty in virginity-sale case
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah woman accused of trying to sell her 13-year-old daughter’s virginity has pleaded guilty to forcing the girl to model for men in her underwear.
The 33-year-old woman made the plea Monday in Salt Lake City to two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor.
She also faced two counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child, but prosecutors dropped those charges in exchange for her plea. She faces up to 30 years in prison at sentencing Dec. 5.
Authorities say she had her daughter model in underwear for a man to whom she was offering to sell the girl’s virginity for $10,000. She also took cellphone pictures of the girl and sent them to another man.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
White House pets gone wild!