- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
District finance chief Steve Cook said there had been no reports of structural problems in the locker room, which was built in 1990.
On its website, Williamston Community Schools called it a “tragic accident.” The high school was open Thursday.
Police search lake for missing baby
KANSAS CITY | Police searched a small lake near the home where a 10-month-old baby was reported missing more than three weeks ago.
Police said the search Thursday at Chaumiere Lake was not prompted by a tip but was another area near the child’s home that needed to be searched.
Man pleads guilty to kidney trafficking
TRENTON | A New York City man has pleaded guilty to brokering the sale of black-market organs in what prosecutors say is the first federal conviction for illegally selling human kidneys for profit.
Levy Izhak Rosenbaum pleaded guilty Thursday in a federal courtroom in Trenton to brokering three illegal kidney transplants for New Jersey-based customers in exchange for payments of $120,000 or more.
Prosecutors say Rosenbaum, 60, of Brooklyn, would buy organs from vulnerable people in Israel for $10,000 and sell them to desperate patients.
Rosenbaum was arrested in July 2009 in New Jersey’s largest corruption sting, which netted 46 suspects.
He was caught up in the case by an undercover government cooperator posing as a crooked businessman wanting to buy a kidney for a sick relative.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again