- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
District finance chief Steve Cook said there had been no reports of structural problems in the locker room, which was built in 1990.
On its website, Williamston Community Schools called it a “tragic accident.” The high school was open Thursday.
Police search lake for missing baby
KANSAS CITY | Police searched a small lake near the home where a 10-month-old baby was reported missing more than three weeks ago.
Police said the search Thursday at Chaumiere Lake was not prompted by a tip but was another area near the child’s home that needed to be searched.
Man pleads guilty to kidney trafficking
TRENTON | A New York City man has pleaded guilty to brokering the sale of black-market organs in what prosecutors say is the first federal conviction for illegally selling human kidneys for profit.
Levy Izhak Rosenbaum pleaded guilty Thursday in a federal courtroom in Trenton to brokering three illegal kidney transplants for New Jersey-based customers in exchange for payments of $120,000 or more.
Prosecutors say Rosenbaum, 60, of Brooklyn, would buy organs from vulnerable people in Israel for $10,000 and sell them to desperate patients.
Rosenbaum was arrested in July 2009 in New Jersey’s largest corruption sting, which netted 46 suspects.
He was caught up in the case by an undercover government cooperator posing as a crooked businessman wanting to buy a kidney for a sick relative.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again