- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
‘Evita’ announces Broadway dates, theater, photo
NEW YORK (AP) - There’s no need to cry any more.
Producers of “Evita” announced Thursday the first preview dates and opening night of the Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber musical on Broadway.
They also revealed the first photo of the stars _ Ricky Martin as Che, Argentinean actress Elena Roger in her Broadway debut as Eva Peron, and Tony Award-winner Michael Cerveris as Juan Peron.
The show will open on April 5 at the Marquis Theatre. Previews begin March 12 and tickets go on sale this Saturday.
Michael Grandage will direct and Tony winner Rob Ashford will choreograph. It’s the first new Broadway production of the seven-time Tony Award-winning musical since it debuted on Broadway over 30 years ago, introducing the hit song “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina.”
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.